Stat

Saturday 27 February 2016

Sisterlocked: 6 years, 8 months and 25 days ...


Far too long ...

Hi to all my locking lovelies out there, yes it has been far too long and I simply had to respond to a CALL OUT I received from the lovely Cheleski. (absolutely laughing out loud!)
I don't think my absence has anything to do with the dwindling bloggers and sister lock communicators out there, but simply needing to adapt to the ever changing circumstances in every day life ... 
I have missed you all, missed the little community we once had here and even though I have not put finger to keyboard, every change I experienced is noted mentally for the day that I do.
So where to start ... I have experienced a bit of breakage which has not been to my liking. I have discovered weak areas in my locks that eventually lead to the locks becoming thin and breaking off. I had a few very short ones a few months back. I do not have very thick locks as it is. 
My regime is still very simple, I do not use conditioner, but occasionally might use a moisturising shampoo.
My latest find is the Shea Moisture range which is more readily available here in the UK. Thanks to the internet we can now get almost any product, for a price, however if we wait a little and demand increases, eventually the products come in and become more reasonably priced. 
My daily staple style is a top knot or messy bun at the back using a scrunchie.
Occasionally I would braid after washing my locks but began to wonder if this was the reason my locks developed weak areas and broke off. 
I should add that I very rarely saw any of the  locks falling or break off, so assume it may have happened during the ReTi  process. I also hardly ever ReTi my self as I really don't have time. 




4 comments:

Sister Locked Bajan said...

Hey N'Joi, Have you ever thought of using conditioner for your hair. sisterlocks has products which I find to be helpful. I've used the Reconstructor Conditioner.The products are made for sisterlocks, so give it a try and see.

Nai said...

Hey Sister Locked Bajan
Thank you for the suggestion, 😄 I have tried them, but they didn't work for my locks, However I haven't updated recently but I have been using Shea Moisture product range and my locks LOVE them! I should do a post ... Hopefully soon ....😉
Thank you for stopping by, it's like a ghost town round here ...

Diana said...

Hi Nai,

I'm so glad you posted. I check-in from time to time just to see if there are any updates from you. This is my 4third year with my locs and I was sick for 3 months last year. I too have experienced breakage but I get a lot of new baby sisterocks sprouting like new plants.

I wonder is this part of the process. Who knows maybe it's part of the journey.

Nai said...

Hi Diana,

Sorry to hear that you were unwell! I hope and pray you are much better now!!
Thank you so much for your comments. My loctician has had to plant quite a few new ones too.