Stat

Sunday 13 December 2009

Suddenly ...!

I am loc'ing up ... fast!
(By this I mean loc's are firm with sealed ends).

over the last 2 weeks there has been a drastic change in the texture of my loc's. Reading snippets on LIU and various fave blogs, budding has been in mass progress! oddly enough as people were discussing budding (teenage stage  if I remember correctly) I had them on EVERY  loc end.
Must say have been budding for at least 3 months but they never really stayed. But suddenly, even the freshly done slipped locs have them and they are not shedding! My locs are also not so soft, courser in texture and drier to the touch. I wonder if its the cold weather? It has not been terribly cold but we have had bucket fulls of rain for days on end. I HAVE to spritz daily too.

Each loc has puffed up, and where I had noticed my coils were intense smooth and silky in places,  they have now frizzed up and disappearing into loc's. I did read somewhere that coily textures can loc faster, but I did not expect it at this rate. I guess when it starts the process can be rapid ...

I am three days before my next retight which marks 6.5 months (202 days he hee).
My first loc at the back is now not as obvious as before, as many others - at the back especially - loc up drop down and aim to match it in length and texture.
As I randomly play around and massage various loc's around my head, I find a lot loc'd (or very close to) at the crown of my head, probably helped by sleep positioning.

I also went to sleep a few times without covering my hair at night. One day last week without using my usual 2 hair bands, just free. ( My consultant had said I should but I did not trust what it would look like in the morning or how it would turn out) It was ok, had to spritz even after showering tho. I have taken pics and will post them thoughout today... after I make dinner :o)

2 comments:

V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

Congrats I know you are excited about your locks locking!

Nai said...

I think I am more excited at the prospect of being permitted to WASH my hair, WHENEVER I want to ! (a very serious LOL!!!) Because I am currently restricted to once a month ...:o)