Stat

Wednesday 28 May 2014

FIVE YEARS SisterLocked and LOVING this Locked life!

Happy SisterLock birthday to my lovely locks!

28th May 2009 to 28th May 2014. Blog posts number 201.


My word how time has flown by on this amazing and blessed journey. All I do is wish I had started this so much sooner! It has not just been about my hair, it has been a holistic experience which taught me to just love everything that God originated in me. It bought a healing to my skin, which now I realise, was bad not only because of hormones but aggravated by the products I used and weaves that I wore.  Then it was not only about me but I celebrate all the women of colour who observed and followed me to a natural hair lifestyle. To my lovely Ms Carol natural

 


 of http://carol-natural.blogspot.co.uk whose locks have reached the 3 year mark and looking FAB.
To Sharon

who embraced the natural beauty within and has amassed a glorious head of hair. Also to all the ladies I inspired to consider the natural life, I know for some locking was not a choice but chose the curly alternative. And to everyone else who thought the price too high, who had to save or who adorned traditional, braid, or every other method of locking. And finally to my own beautiful daughter who adored my locks from the very beginning and who formed her own free formed locks.


Also not forgetting my son who began his journey of growing his hair long for the last 3 years, 


A blast from my past. In the beginning 


6 comments:

Almocado said...

Happy anniversary, sis!

Locksie C said...

Great pictures. Happy anniversary to us.

KnottyAuthor said...

Congrats to you!! You are truly a veteran!

NubianLockedPrincess said...

Iam really late! Happy Anniversary to you! Your locs are beautiful!

Accountable to God said...

This was a great post wow can't believe I've never come across your blog before! I love it so far.

Nai said...

Thank you all! It's a new school year so, I am pretty much MIA at the moment, however as late as it is, thank you all for the comments, the viewing is appreciated.

Hi Chan, thank you again, glad you enjoy it, hope u find the info useful! Take care x