Stat

Friday 5 March 2010

No matter what I feel ...

Just a brief post, This week was ... sigh

I woke up one day and believed I felt not just Gods peace, but his prescence. On my way to work I began to reason myself out of it, debating weather I even truly knew exactly what that was, or if ... He ..., God ... had EVER been WITH me. Yes, I am right there ...

Anyway ...

That same day, I did nothing out of the ordinary and was my usual miserable self, the class loved me ... NOT! I gave the children free activity time, I owed them! Only to find that a majority of them preffered that time ... with me! They circled my table, ( I was surprised) and promised them circle time for another afternoon.

4 children still attached themselves to me and they began to talk ... about God.

I am ashamed to say that I had underestimated these children, big time! ... and they shamed me .. sort of.

As we spoke one little girl spoke up, "Miss ... " she said in her half cockney accent ... " I dunno what it is when I'm around you" screwing up her little face, trying to articulate what she wants to say, but was finding it hard to express...

... " I dunno what it is when I'm around you ... but I feel like, like God is there, like he is wiv you, kinda, yeah like I feel safe, WE FEEL SAFE! yeah ... like God is in you , around you, ... sort of ... ah dunno ... I feel safe and peaceful ..."
If you lost me by now, read the first paragraph ... staying ever true to my fool emotions ... my response was to do what?
laugh!
Yes, like Sarah, Abrahams wife! I LAUGHED!

Never before have I believed I was so, He was so ... WE were so far apart.
last time I read the bible it said ... Out of the mouths of babes and sucklings ...
Guess I was wrong ...

Again ...

No comments: