Stat

Friday 24 December 2010

Why am I a Serial Product Junkie?

Truthfully I cannot pinpoint what the heck is going on with me! However, it might be coming to an end as finally, I have found it! Yep and it is BIG! more on that later ...

My product lust has a lot to do with my history of years taking care of fine hair. I paid any amount to keep, maintain and improve its quality.
Although, some products may have had some effect, looking back now I know that once the damage was done (chemically) there was not much I could do except STOP processing. 

My locked hair has thickened up a lot, but some shots taken of the top show a bit of scalp.
However, as I compare the density of my hair today to almost 19 months ago, It is amazing how locking has transformed it tremendously. I am not just grateful, but happy.

Today, I simply want to find the product that is the very best for the health of my hair. I couldn't do much before, but with education, I can certainly improve its quality now.


Lockers beware, Sisterlocking can and will drastically increase hair-esteem, hence, loads of pics!

Latest Shampoo ... ;)

Have I found it at last? My perfect shampoo? ...

YES! its BIG by LUSH ... and it really is BIG!
I ... think it is soo good, I have used it twice in a row ( and that is a BIG thing for me ... )
I like it so much, I am considering (risking) washing my hair again, briefly, in the morning!

YES! I'm a washaholic!

(if you think my shampoo fetish is bad you should take a peak at my entire skin care range ... ;)SNM!






What's so BIG about it ... ? It is clarifying, which is a big plus for me. Also I read that sea salt was/is a major locking aid.

Well, here is the the ingredient list. (below)



Sea Salt (Sodium Chloride), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Fresh Organic Lemon Infusion (Citrus limonum), Fresh Sea Water (Aqua), Toothed Wrack Seaweed Infusion (Fucus serratus), Cocamide DEA, Lauryl Betaine, Fresh Organic Lime Juice (Citrus aurantifolia), Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera), Neroli Oil (Citrus amara), Mandarin Oil (Citrus nobilis), Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla planifolia), Orris Absolute (Iris florentina), *Limonene, *Linalool, *Benzyl Benzoate, Coumarin, Perfume.


OK, so yes it has SLS but the other top 5 ingredients are natural.
Some have complained that it is drying, but that may have to do with using too much. So far I have only used the residue bits off the lid, applied it to wet hair and rubbed it in until I had a massive foam which I circulated all over my locks.

Oh and I am forgetting ... it has this scent that has simply got me! I can't describe it, it is lovely!
But I am complimented on it, and thats a plus.
Not like other shampoos that fade after a few hours, I mean it lasts for 2 or 3 days!
The top picture was taken after my first Big experience, Loc's felt so soft and full. I recommend it! No it is not as cheap as some, £9.50. But worth every penny. It will last quite a long time too because you only need  a teaspoon full and just rub! I will certainly be using this regularly, 10/10!


Oh! Its Christmas Eve. For those that celebrate, seasons greetings. I am not into the hype of what christmas represents today. But My family and I will be celebrating Jesus without all that does not concern him. Stay blessed and love and care for each other, enjoy yourself whatever you do.
God Bless, Nai ... x N'joi'ing naturally... x




5 comments:

anthia-ofo said...

Hmmmm, if I'd seen this post earlier, I might have treated myself to an xmas pressie of BIG lush shampoo. I'm not a fan of SLS, but the other ingredients look soooo good. Sodium laureth sulfate is a lot milder than sodium lauryl sulphate. Does it leave your locs soft/moisturised or do you like it for it's clarifying effects?

Nai said...

Merry CHRISTmas Ofo. x

It leaves my hair soft, shiny and full, Its so different, it just feels ... right ... I also used another product I forgot to mention which is quite clarifying (Antiphilitron) both have Lemon in the top 5. it is not moisturising tho, and a light conditoner could be used.
P.s and I DID wash my hair AGAIN to day ... :oP

anthia-ofo said...

Ok girl, I tried your BIG and I'm sold! What's she like eh? I went to my local lush and got a sample. I did a honey/egg/mayonaise deep conditioning and used my big sample pot to wash it out. I'm impressed. Still, I was prepared to walk away cos it has SLS. But you know what hooked me? The lovely smell. I will throw shampoo away or use to clean the toilet if I hate the smell. I hate so many shampoo/skin cream smells ugh!. When I come across the right smell, it's hard to resist.. So I have acquired a big BIG. I'm looking at it now and I will be doing a post on it. The question is -AM I A PRODUCT JUNKIE? Say it isn't so.

Nai said...

HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Actually, NO, you are not, IIIII spend the money, YOU select the ones you consider to be appropriate! hahahaha , hence YOU are the woman of wisdom! ;)
I m sooo in love with my BIG, I wash my hair TWICE! I am going to feedback on it again too, cos I used a honey shampoo and its ok, but, I want my BIG!!! The results are clear to me now. ENJOY! and the scent lasts for 3 days on my locks! how about you? OH,

Have a HAPPY and BLESSED New year :))))

Titus 2 Thandi said...

Oh shut it both of you, LOL.I'm yet to find ANY clarifying shampoo in this city of mine, SLS or not!