Stat

Thursday 12 April 2012

Sisterlock Stage - Mature and Growing.

Day 1049! 
2 years 10 months and 14 days.

I remember this time 3 years ago, trawling through sisterlocks blogs for hours and hours, saving blogs of note to my favourites bar. From what I recall, I had made up my mind already, I was about to get my  test locks installed, counting down the days and weeks with excitement and anticipation. THREE years ago almost.

And now I have reached the age of lock maturity, no more slipping locks, can't remember when that stopped. The journey.

Maturity means ...

My style of choice varies, mainly loose ponytails now, even to sleep in! I need a lock sock or something similar. My scalp itches at night if I don't use a hair band before covering. 

Can you believe it? I wanted to wash my hair from MORNING! I didn't! ... waiting in vain for some deliveries. It has now come to the point that I will not wash my locs after 7pm as it now takes HOURS to dry anything from 4 hours or more ... sigh! Yeah I own a hair dryer but I don't like to .... 

I am learning to adjust my head, clothing etc, they get caught up easy, put them up in a bun/ pony and I hit people in the face! A bun In the shower is a must, or it gets wet. 
I have a loc that desires to surpass all other locs in speed of growth and length, no longer the nape lock, this one is the 'temple loc', situated in front of my right ear! I notice it because it hangs down and rests on my chest! 

I avoid anything 'furry' to prevent lint. 

Products ...

Listing below current shampoo, setting lotion and moisturising.

Essental regulars are as follows, alternating in no particular order, BIG/ I Love Juicy = Clarifying. Moisturising Shampoo = Kiehls Amino Acid (sulfate free) / Olive Fruit, Volumising = BIG/ Kiehls Rice Wheat.
New interest = Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Wild Ginger shampoo and cream rinse.
I use Crinkle and Curls by Taliah Waajid, regularly to help create good braidout waves. They last a little bit longer, but not much.

My Staples, Pure Coconut Oil (melted (hot oil) and used after washing) and Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Moisture Mist for moisturising (regular use)  for braidouts etc.
Great new find Dr Miracles Leave in, has a scent I love, honey! Real honey, listed top 5 in the list of ingredients. It is also VERY moisturising, better still it is only £2.95!! approximately $4.69 or less as the UK OFTEN pay the SAME price in pounds what US pay in dollars ... No Damn Comment!
e.g a bottle of  Sisterlocks moisturiser costs approx £11 compared to $10.95 ... £11= $17.50!!!!
And finally In Praise of Beautiful Sisters in Locks 

Today at the Gym I spotted a head of Locs, not sure what type, and not really caring, I made note to speak to said Lady to tell her how we, Locksie and I, had major Loc envy. We got to meet her in the changing rooms and find out that yes indeed, she was a fellow Sisterlocker of 6 years. Ladies let me tell you ... Her Locks were ... ARE amazingly GORGEOUS! I mean they are CRISS! Words failing me, Ladies name is Ruth and she herself was lovely, we spent a good 15 minues gushing on one another, I wish I had taken a photo, We shared regimes and found out that those lovely Locs thrived on WASHING UP LIQUID and NOTHING else!!!!!! Not even oil. and she never bothered messing with braidouts, curls and the like. Locs were/ are FABULOUS! 
Sounds to me like LESS is MORE! May need to rethink a few things ..... hmmm food for thought! serious!

Photo Gallery.








10 comments:

Ruth said...

Hey girlfriend, thanks for your lovely comments.

It was great meeting you and so nice to see more of us sisters embracing our natural beauty.

I picked up a sample of Big, from Lush. I'm going to give it a try.

Hope to see you again soon.

Namaste. Xx

Nai said...

Hey Ruth

No problem, just telling the truth!I wish I had taken a picture to PROVE it!

I hope you like it!I used it and my hair smelled ... LUSH for 48 hours! and felt really clean x

Blessing xXx

Bajan Lily said...

Hey beautiful. Good to have you back :)

Nai said...

YES Gorgeous, the feeling is VERY mutual! Lonely out here without you and Ofo! Xx

Katya said...

Your hair looks nice, very Nice!
Take Care~

blog updates:
http://Queenlocks.wordpress.com

Locksie C said...

Hey your blogs are always so informative. Yes can't believe our fellow locker, Ruth, only uses washing up liquid to wash her hair. Her locks were amazing absolutely beautiful.

anthia-ofo said...

Sweetie, I'm back ..sort of. Now where did you buy the dr miracles leave-in? You know I'll need the info

Nai said...

Hey Katya, thank you! :)

Miss Locksie, girl thanks for that, actually should have dedicated this one to you after you KMT me for not blogging, xox

OFO!!!! Big virtual hug! X well honey I am glad to say it should be available at all black hair care stores. Let me check PAKS online ....
Ok they have it at 2.99 plus postage, hmm I got it from JINNYS in tottenham, remember its the Cleanse and Condition leave in. Let me know how u get on.

anthia-ofo said...

Lol,Ok I'll be sure let u know.

Dreadlock Experts said...

Its looking good, but if you ever decide to transition out of locks, just use the Take Down Remover cream for taking out braids, weaves, twists or natural dreadlocks easier,faster. It detangles very matted tangled hair easy and safely.

It also prevents hair breakage no matter how long your braids or weaves are in. It is great for women who are transitioning to natural hair from relaxers as well.

It is not a water based or glycerine based product-so it works on every type of hair texture, every head, every time.