Stat

Saturday 23 August 2014

Five years of maintenance and simple routines.

Its been a while

It has been an unintentional while since my last post, I have been up to a lot and just couldn't find time. Well my Sisterlocks have been an absolute joy, the weather has been really sunny for the past few months mingled in with a few minor rain showers, it has been beautiful. My staple hairdo has been a single up do, ponytails or two side twists from various angles, no fuss, just keeping it simple.


My Routine

I braid out frequently, but occasionally it does not last long, I guess it depends on how small I do the braids. I still use Moisture Mist by Paul Mitchell as a wetting agent, my usual setting lotion has varied I have been product testing in that area but still prefer Crinkles and Curls.

Washing

Shampooing is a dream, I am renewing my connections with Kiehls Amino Acid shampoo. I think this one is a forever ever shampoo. My locks love it right now, I can't accurately describe how they feel but I can just tell that there is a difference, they feel so good, a soft, moist cotton feeling. 
To enhance the effect I have found another keeper called Argan Oil Nourish Shampoo by Phytorelax a company based in Italy. These 2 little beauties were made for each other, they compliment each other fabulously. This shampoo is the ONE, apparently SLS etc free too! I can only purchase this at TKMax and because of this I buy a bottle of it every opportunity I get!


It has been a very warm and dry summer, but but thank to this combination I no longer suffer from thirsty locks! This clearly means no conditioner ... Still!
I can tell you that I have had no need to condition (except for spritzing with Moisture Mist) nothing heavy duty. I am 5 years and almost 3 months Sisterlocked.

ReTi

This last week I accomplished my first self ReTi for the year!!
It took me 12 hours in total over two days! Good thing I'm on summer break! I don't have that kind of time free anymore, unless I do it over a weekend. A BIG shout out to my fellow bloggers who posted comments to celebrate my year 5 post! Y'all are the faithful few and I am grateful for the LOVE! xx







4 comments:

KnottyAuthor said...

Looks wonderful! Are you still experimenting with products?

Nai said...

Hi Knotty,

Yes and ... no. Not as much as I used to. As my locks have matured I know what they like and what feels right. Thanks to your blog I am keeping the lint issue at bay!!
Keep blogging Knotty! :)

Accountable to God said...

Congrats on making five years! Your locks look really nice and especially in the post wash back shot!

Nai said...

Hi Chan. Thank you for stopping by! :)