Stat

Saturday 30 January 2010

8th Wonder ...

First off ,  just a sinple apology for my vsitors/followers. You will not find any great 'style options' here. Simply because my hair is so soft that the delicate twist out I had done previously may have hindered my loc'ing process, needless to say I just stopped it! I can tell you since I did not wash my locs for 8 weeks and left it completely alone I now see a MAJOR difference
A note to those who have  fine texture and loose curl pattern hair, do not (avoid if at all possible) over manipulating your loc's into styles UNTIL you have fully loc'd up. It can contribute to or even cause slipping and unravelling from the ends, and no end of frustration.

OK, last night I realised something  ... interesting ... happened/ is happening to my hair. My locs felt ... FEEL different. I can't seem to find the words to accurately describe it, but they feel heavier on my head.
It may have something to do with shrinkage, my hair being loose curly in its natural state, curls up like a spring once wet, that has not changed since I got my Sisterlocks, However, it seems to shrink a lot less now ... anyway I digress, My locs feel full, and heavier. Also, my first loc at the nape seems to have lots of company now ( nape loc' never shrinks!) because I can no longer differentiate it apart from the others. (it was much longer and stood out from the rest!) ... Hmmm .... What do you think? ... DARE I say it ...?

My styling choice is wild and free, suiting my nature! In fact I have never been good at playing dolly in my hair, even in its relaxed state I would roller the hair on rods and let it out and go, falling anyhow.
I opted for sisterlocks because it offered me freedom from all that, I just wanted to be able to wash and go allowing my mane to do as it pleased ...

Today I played about with my web cam to try and create some images to help explain to you guys this stage in my process,

4 comments:

Felicia said...

As black women, we are so addicted to styling and doing all sorts of things to our hair to make it look nice. To simply leave it alone seems foreign to us, but it's what works best for locs. I think that your locs are beautiful. I've my share of ups and downs, it appears that to just let them be it what has worked best for me too!!! God Bless!!!

Nai said...

Hey Felicia! Good looking out, great to hear from you as usual;) ! Thank you for the encouragement, Leaving it alone is definately working! Whats going on with yours? do you have a Fotki album of something, would LOVE to see how you are doing ... or are you shy? ...LOL! I guess blogging is'nt for everyone, still can't believe I am doing it! Bless you too x

Felicia said...

I am a certified blog-stalker!! I always say that I don't have enough to say to have a blog, but I think that I going to try my hand at it in 2010. Pray for me!!!

Nai said...

Ha ha ha! Praying real hard! LOL! It would be good to put a face to all the encouragement and love! I think most people are interested in seeing progress (at least I do). hope to SEE you soon x BLESS YOU x