Stat

Monday 18 January 2010

Loc TIGHT!

Hello everyone! Hope you all are having the happiest new year EVER! I KNOW I AM!

Well ... to start with, I missed my seven month locversary. I kinda did that intentionally because my hair just did not SEEM to be getting with the loc'ing programme. Well yesterday I had that BIG appointment.

Just to recap my consultant was concerned that my lovely curly hair was doing everything it could to unlock itself. Soo she booked me in to push down the locks that were too loose. Loose because my natural hair pattern ( she informs me) is a loose curl, so every time I got a retight it loosened iteslf out (why I cannot wash my hair more than ONCE a month) If I did I would have an afro in no time!
So much so i was asked if I could go without washing until next appt, which was approx 2 months.
This was not as difficult as I had envisaged, We had 2 weeks off work for the hols, and a lovely surprise week of snowdays :). That meant I left my hair completely alone, the good old fashioned dreadlock way ...

Well for those of you who are already aware, my head was soo sore Liz had to give me the mummy talk. It went something like this  " .... Now Naomi! PLEASE! we are nealy finished, only 2 more to go, you sitting so uptight is making me uptight, now PLEASE sit properly on the chair and KEEP your head down like THIS CHILE! ... " well actually she didnt say chile but I would'nt have blamed her. LOOOOOOOL!!! was not laughin yesterday trust me!!! She did do a brilliant job tho!

Oh I almost forgot, I was suppose to take the retight class but cos of my rebellious little head, I had to leave it a few more months, soo instead Liz asked me to 'model' for her, which was really cool. I just sat there sleeping for  most of the time! All in all, my tighten and retight took about 4 hours and one sore head.

HOWEVER ... the GOOD news is ... that all the loc's at the back of my head have finally loc'd, the problem is mainly the loc's at the front!!! one thing for certain tho, is I will have the curly ends for a loooonnngg tiimmme! I am glad, love them anyway :)))

I am joyfully approaching my eighth month loc'd.  The growth is lovely to see, It took me ages this evening to braid and band because my hair is much longer and thicker ... and to think how fine my hair used to be ... ! THE BEST THING I EVER DID! I LOOOVE my LOC's!!! and enjoying this journey :))

Straight after retight.

6 comments:

Felicia said...

I have been locked for almost a year and my front and top still have curly q's. Join the club!! I still love my natural hair!!!

V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

Your locks are looking good!
I'm glad that you can get away without washing your hair for a month. I wish I could because my baby locks would benefit from it, but I get dandruff so bad that going without washing is impossible.

Bajan Lily said...

Lol, I can just imagine Liz saying that.
Congrats on reaching 7 months :)

Nai said...

Thank you ladies!!

Felicia, nice to know I have company!;)

Brown Buttahfly,I admit I don't have scalp issues, so i should really stop whining lol!

Bajan Lily, do you know Liz? Lady, you have no idea how bad I was gettin on! I was soo glad no one else was there! shame! haahaaaa!

Anonymous said...

Your locks are beautiful. I'm a newbie -- my babies will be a month old on the 29. I can't wait to experience the growth and fullness your locs have given you. Many blessings. Travel loc

Nai said...

Thank you Travel loc,It really is the best thing I have ever done, only wish I had done it a long time ago. Its growing great just taking its own time to loc... I will get there! Enjoy your journey! Bless :)