Stat

Friday 30 July 2010

Birthdays, Weddings, Loving locs and ZUMBA!!!!

HEYYYYY! Guess who's 42 today???!
Is'nt GOD good? NEVER would have made it without HIM!!!

First I can't believe i'm up soo flippin early, first week of the summer break and I acting like I gotta go to work! KMT! anyhoo ...
Where to start ... erm right, 14 months loc'd ... LOVING ITTTTTTT! Liz tightened me on Tuesday, and I must say I loved the result, I will post pics tomorrow as I have to get ready for the wedding in a bit.

Weekend ...

We went on retreat with my church, and they are a lovely group of people, never seen anything like it, yes people will always have issues, but finally I found a church more Philadelphia than any I have known. Thank God for Bishop and Pastor who are supporting me through the lowest time of my life, I never experienced so much love and care! MCCI!!!

Had a really great weekend, eat much?? YEAH!, swimming, steam room, sauna, JACUZZIIII! ... but all these things would mean nothing without the people I was with.

Talking of steam room and jacuzzi, locs love steam!! my hair looked great as a result! washed my hair when we arrived on friday because I'd left it for 2 weeks due to slippage at the front ... then went steam room next morning, then that afternoon had a water fight with Ashley in the jacuzzi, who by the way, insisted that I wear HIS VEST over my (modest) swim suit! Liberties! sooo washed it again! Oh well!
Locs mean having lovely hair EVEN (or especially) when WET! ha ha haaaa! Loooove iiiiit!

Thanks Ofo!

Aubrey organics (green tea) is the best, really good while I was away! Some of my sisters agree too, cos we had to share after the jokes we had in the pool!
Tuesday ...
One year and 2 months on, Liz my lovely consult, exasperates (cough) over my head, oh well, she murmers, theres always one! I am oblivious, as two pairs of hands are working systematically on my head, and at this sensitive time, only means pain! I catch up and ask her what she means ...
Well, I am the first of her hundred odd clients with hair like mine. She just does not get it. (LOL)
You see I have locks but at the first opportunity, they begin to ... UNloc!
I should have been doing it myself. The problem is that last week I counted 5 completely loose coiled strands of hair ... pouf ! just like that! from nowhere!
Sooo, she has decided that we should change my pattern 3 to a pattern 4. Someone remind me I gotta band and braid certain sections of my head! (kmt).
But my locks are looking great!
Wednesday ... 14 months loc'd

Thursday ... ZUMBA!!!
Well ... FINALLY I found something I can enjoy at a gym, my colleague Lemma kept telling me about this dance class then showed me a youtube vid, and I KNEW it was for me, at last, something I could do without effort LOOOOOL!
Wow what a class ... sweat much ? going again ...? duhhhh! ;)

Friday ... :)
Liz has given me some lock loops to prepare my hair, but after blogging for results i decided to keep it simple and braid after washing because I know the end result. Sooo midday we have to meet up wid da bridal party sooo here we go!

ZUMBA!!!!!

3 comments:

Bajan Lily said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
(and I love the new pic on the blog layout!! Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet)
Many happy returns
xx

Nai said...

Thank youuuuuu! Hey when you coming back! chups! mind you ... I wouldn't be coming back here anytime soon if i were you, all that family tlc with the new baby! love it!

Love to the family ... :)

Starshadow said...

Yeah Zumba!http://www.youtube.com/mariamore09#p/a/u/0/KJi8V8OKrdI