Stat

Wednesday 4 August 2010

New Pic update, 13 and 14 months progress.



Nai got a brand new toy!  I can take better pics on here, so I did a mini shoot! ha ha !
I have a lot of pics but I am not sure how to present them ... so here goes ... (pics taken this afternoon)
Got time to blog today because the weather has chosen to storm, actually I like stormy dark skies on summer days ... love to watch the fat drops of rain ... hmm! also like to hear the kids run into any room they can find their mother because they are terrified of the thunder and lightening! giggle!

I guess nobody noticed ...

I didn't  do a 13 month update! So BUSY was I ... also not much to tell, however my 14 month retight revealed lots of progress and growth :) can you tell?

Oh almost forgot, staple products, JML moisturizer, Aubrey organics green tea (lots of swimming/ steam and water activities) Who said black girls don't swim!!! and the occasional Natures shine oil spray or Healing oil.

One thing though, absolutely nobody thinks my hair is loc'd. Everyone thinks I have twists!?! wHAt is that about! At the wedding though I got 'looks' from 'sisters'  and one brother complimented my 'different' hair ... Sadly, I didn't realise how much we black people were still so 'bound' as in bondage about our own natural hair. But like I said before no one would dare say a bent word in my direction, Plus, the way I walk, they can see I LOVE the natural loc'd me, and really, I do LOVE my lovely locs, every one of them!

Birthday Bridesmaid braid out last Friday.



Hey guys, show me some love, stop by and tell me what you think! :)


7 comments:

Titus 2 Thandi said...

Looking great!LOL at people not getting it.Maybe one day...

Nai said...

Hi Thandi, thank you for your kind words and support,

:)
As for me and my house ...
we are proud to 'fail the pencil test' :))) ;)

NESSessary said...

Don't get too annoyed by people who don't "get it," it's just unrealistic to assume that every person you will meet will know what sisterlocs are, most people only know locs as being the ones that are worn by Bob Marley. Either educate them on it or just leave it be ;).

Nai said...

Hey Ness,
Thank you for your response :)
Its not about Sisterlocks, mainly because over here, (UK) only those who have them or know someone who has sisterlocks, can identify them. What I mean is, that no one thinks they are loc's AT ALL! full stop LOL!
I am just bemused i guess. :)

Bajan Lily said...

LOL I think that if you look like THAT (pink dress) after FOUR (?) children - I got my work cut out for me. Time to go to the gym. Gee thanks. KMT!!!!

Nai said...

AWW thank you Bajan ;) hahhaa, you are so funny, picked up my phone and yours was the first message i saw LOL!

1. Gym? Gym? who is gym? (can't stand da place!, see post below!)

2. Remember tho, my last baby is 11.5 years old ...)

3. Giving thanks to God for the blessing, yes 4, they have been my exercise! (keep you young too) :)

V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

Your locks are beautiful, nice pics.