Stat

Tuesday 20 December 2011

30 Months, Sisterlocks, My Way ... (Build Up Removal and Conditioning)

Me again!

I don't really consider myself as a product junkie,  just a woman who loves water and has a passion for great skin and hair care. For too many years I struggled using soap based products as I consistently had bad reactions.  Today greater choice exists, so now I have a lot of options.  I go the extra mile and buy quality products as I found that they consistently did/do not create or accelerate any allergic reaction. The best generally means sulphate, paraben and other crap, free.

The last 30 months have been the best in my Hairstory. Never a bad hair day, and even so, I would remedy the problem by simply shampooing! No drama!


I have said it many times, I love these locks, and they are worth all I put into them, they are a part of me. I have thought about coloring them, especially in the beginning. But I feel that bleaching them would only weaken them, and I dont want to do that. My locks are not very thick, my hair naturally is fine. Having 4 children was a contributing factor also. So I am concerned about drying them out too much while my routine still requires effort  and fine tuning during the colder months here in the UK.

My quest has fundamentally been to find a great moisturising shampoo, not necessarily a conditioner now, as I found that most do build up in my loc type. I have found a recipe though that helps to REALLY cleanse and remove build up. However I found out today that the main ingredient that works so well for me is no longer available, Antiphilitron by LUSH.

Build up.
Recipe;

1 dessertspoon Antiphilitron
1 teaspoon Bicarbonate of soda (baking soda) 
1 bottle of Cider Vinegar (ACV) prepped in a 100ml bottle

(this mix may work with any clarifying shampoo, the next similar brand in make up is I Love Juicy by LUSH.)

Method.

1. Mix ingredients in a plastic cup/beaker. Apply to wet hair focusing on problem area's. apply liberally and rinse thoroughly.

2. Liberally squirt ACV (undiluted) over wet hair squeezing through the locks. Leave in for a few minutes.

3. I used a squirt of Hydrating Shampoo, rinsed and then applied a liberal amount of Moisture Maniac (TIGI). I left this in for 30 minutes or maybe less. Rinsed well.

This REALLY worked well, as I had used Hair One, and this left spots of white all over my locks! It is difficult to get a good shot of build up. trust me though, I was not happy, it did not look good.

After Clarifying.

This recipe is a major winner for me. An added advantage is the condition my locks are in once I have clarified, they are fuller, kind of puffy and healthy shiny.They feel amazing! Really happy with the results. Think I might do this one each month. But will need to  experiment with I Love Juicy and Bicarb, as once Antiphilitron is done, its done!







3 comments:

anthia-ofo said...

Wow what's antiphilitron? Sounds like a medical term.

Nai said...

A lush shampoo ... discontinued ;(( I KNEW I should have got another bottle about early autumn, now its gone ...

Nai said...

check out blog 15 november for description ;)