Stat

Tuesday 20 December 2011

Shampoo: Product Shop 'til I Drop!!!!

Ladies, Ladies, Ladies!!! OH and any Brother lockers out there.

Have I got some products in store for you!!!

WHY you ask? ... AGAIN you say? Well ...

1. I LOVE washing my Locs, often, although they are getting longer and harder to handle,  (small hands) and are needing a longer time to dry.

2. On the product hunt again because I live in a HARD water area and a cold unfriendly climate with weather extremes. Going through a dry patch right now!

I have been really busy generally in life, and literally disciplined myself off to work in the last few days before term ended, by discipline I mean I denied myself a snooze alarm and late nights too far past 10pm, and literally catapulted out of bed every morning. But I made it!

I am back!  Some ME and Blogging time ...

Well I was too busy to blog but not too busy to buy!!! My locks have been dry and a bad product choice has replaced the build up I previously got rid of! Simply put, DO NOT USE HAIR ONE or any similar product on ones Sisterlocks. It is a JOKE to remove!!  Yes, it could be my poor rinsing technique, but I don't have 3 hours to rinse my head, full stop! I have prepared the next blog on build up removal to follow, to explain more about this. ...

So here we go, why the product choices?  I have found a very willing and able shopping buddy and bag carrier who has  reintroduced me to the world of shopping! My buddy also holds a major discount card and shares my addiction to silky smooth skin, lovely smells and georgeous scents. And believe me, HAVE I found some!

ORIGINS. (Attention OFO! ;)) £12.00 250ml.




















I bought No Deposit, by the above and not liking that much, So the men indoors use it! ( And I am glad too, cos it keeps their hands OFF my current love, Head Organics Hydrating Shampoo).
However, I do love Ginger Up by ORIGINS, no really! Ginger up has the most delicious scent that I rinsed my hair just for the sake of it! OFO! SMELLS LOVELY like ginger candy, not overpowering
as I thought it would be! Approximately £12.

KIEHLS,  Amino Acid Shampoo. £17.50 250 ml




















Expensive, but I like it! Coconut oil and Amino acids  are the main ingredient, another natural product but cost £17.50 a 250ml bottle.


HEAD ORGANICS,  Hydrating Shampoo. (TKMaxx. £9.99 33.8oz) 1000ml.



















This product is additive free, I don't know what it is that gives it the edge, but it is a really great shampoo, my locks thrive on it ... If I can recall, Ofo likes it too, from what I can remember. Come to think of it, my sons also had a positive comment about it. Not that I gave them permission to use my stuff! So I took to hiding it because plainly speaking, I ain't sharing a shampoo that is this hard to find! CHA!


MILLER HARRIS, Citron Citron. £24.00.




















Top of the range shampoo, mainly sourced to top hotels around the world, hence the price tag! I discovered it accidently on Salon Skincare website. No review yet ... just HAD to find out if it was truly worth it .... like me! ;)

GREAT PRODUCTS! ...  JUST NOT FOR LOCKS!
Tigi BedHead Let it Be,  leave in conditioner.  Cherry Almond, 

PERFECT FOR LOOSE NATURAL HEADS!!!



















An AWESOME almond cherry scent, and a very efficient leave in moisturiser, exceptional on natural hair, I have had a lot of experience using it on my middle son, as he has decided to grow his hair long, and Miss S, a very close friend, who is on the road to her natural self.  She loves it! creates great curl definition.
However, builds up in locks! not nice, might be the Shea Butter aspect of it! great natural ingredients.


Hair One,  Conditioning Cleanser.




















Again a great product for natural hair, but builds up very easily in locks. Lockers beware! Heavy on the Silicone too.
The winning product so far, with a 10/10, is definately Head Organics, for quality, efficency and great value for money, that is, if you can find a bottle ...
Build up Blog report coming up next ...

2 comments:

anthia-ofo said...

This is why I steered clear of HairOne!Was too scared of the build-up possibilities. Where did you buy Ginger Up and Khiels?Did you get discounts?
What's in that Citron citron - gold? Can't wait for the review Lol. Hopefully it'll justify the price...

anthia-ofo said...

I'm still in love with Head organics.. but when that bottle's gone, I'll on the hunt again,so I sahll bear ginger up and khiels in mind.