Stat

Tuesday 22 January 2013

Mature Loc Maintenance - effective product list

It has been a snowy few days around here, and yes it does look wonderful, and it is quite wonderful, just so long as I don't have to set not one foot in it! ... If I do then its PANTS and I will NOT be pleased!
So lets talk about ...

My Mature Sisterlock Routine.

REMINDER. 

I have fine hair and my locks are thin (very thin in places and a few have been joined) are not as full as some, but they are far more voluminous than my natural hair was. 

PRODUCTS RECOMMENDATIONS. 

Below - HAVE RATED PRODUCTS ON EFFECTIVENESS 5* - 3.5*
This post is factually base on my own personal opinion and experience. 

My Locs say NO! To creamy conditioners (I don't rinse well :)) YES to moisturising, hydrating shampoos. I have also incorporated a great deal of products which volumize, as I found some products left the appearance of my locks flat and lifeless. a lot of clarifying products also volumize and are great for controlling the dreaded build up.

I clarify regularly and my routine will start with a clarifier and end with a Moisture Hydrating Shampoo

Also - some shampoos are colour friendly, for me, this means that they leave the natural hair colour looking stronger 'darker', some poo's do strip and leave hair looking dull and ashy (washed out) if hair is black or similar. 

Most of last year I researched a lot of products, with a purpose. TKMaxx is the greatest for high quality discounted hair products. Listed below are the ones I found very effective, they do exactly as they say.

BRUSHING. - A major help in contolling/reducing build up.  I brush as and when needed.

Awapuhi Moisture Mist 5*


Jane Carter Nourishing Cream. Moisturising.

Revitalizing Leave in.
Hair nourishing serum
(smells lush)
Fair Trade Honey Shampoo.4*
first ingredient is actually honey!!

Godiva. 5* Condish and Moist
Jasmine scent lush.
NEW.
Softening, moisturising,
encourages new growth.

Karma Shampoo Bar

Gentle Lentil. Conditioning Shampoo Bar
Vanilla. Moisturising 5*




Kiehls Amino Acid Shampoo. 5*
Crinkles and Curls for setting braid outs. 5*
Matrix Biolage Hydratherapie Shampoo. Moisture/Hydrating 5*
Suave Clarifying Shampoo. 5*
Dax Vegetable Shampoo. 5*Clarifier
(Cheap!)
YES to carrots (no SLS) 4*
Suave and Awapuhi.

Arosci Leave in Conditioner.  4*
(possible build up)
Awapuhi Shampoo.
Moisture 5*,Colour 5*, Voloume 4*.
Clarifying Banana Shampoo. 4*
Body Shop.
Hair Fix Release.3.5*
build up remover












2 comments:

Bajan Lily said...

Welcome back. I missed you!

Nai said...

Feeling is mutual!! Good to know I still got your attention LOL! x