Stat

Tuesday 28 May 2013

A Celebration of Four, Yes FOUR Years Sisterlocked ... time flies when you love your journey.

In the beginning ...

I thought it would be quick and easy. But, I quickly discovered how much damage had been done from simply tight braiding and weaving, not to mention years of processsing. You thought hair was dead, mine definately was, and it took a very long time to recover and adapt to its natural state.

The morning after - 29 May 2009 - first day out.

 
It took a couple of years.

before my hair began to trust me again, trust that I would not colour of process it, honestly it felt as though I was allowing a very sick part of e to heal, I am not my hair, to coin a phrase, however my hair is a part of me. I was making the skin of my scalp sick by abusing it, everything I did to my hair, I was also doing  to my scalp. It was simply unavoidable.

And now ...
... the work really begins, longer locks, more responsibility. My journey has evolved from growth to effort in maintaining lint free/dust free/mould free SisterLocks. Serious attention is paid to my enviroment, products (I have less in rotation) and now even my ReTi schedule has altered drastically.

Here and Now
... today Liz Joseph of Locks Royale did my ReTi for me!
Yaay! 
28 May 2013 - Post ReTi, sore headed and happy!
Just under 2 hours in total, boy, did my scalp cry! 

5 comments:

Kreyola said...

Love this post (I know it took a lot of time). Your sisterlocks are beautiful!!!

Nai said...

Hey Kreyola, Thank you ! I appreciate your reading, :) .

anthia-ofo said...

Hey Nai! Nice to see you here-lol, and I love your loc progression. I check my blog(yours Bajan and some others) from time to time and I post sporadically. Yes longer locs= different routine. They are looking really healthy.

Bajan Lily said...

Beautiful and still one of my inspirations :)
Oh- and 'hello Ofo!' Xx

Nai said...

Hey Ladies x

Thanks Ofo x you know that locks are a blessing!!!

Hey Bajan - what would I do without all your lovely compliments x thank u for the love x