Stat

Monday 16 August 2010

Summer and loving this loc'd life.



I am a little bemused at my lack of blogging. I mean, I didn't  blog everyday anyway, but I have had no time and have just been enjoying my life on holiday with the children and my lovely people.

One of the things I have tried to do regularly is go to  steam at the local swimming pool.  I think I have been doing it bi-weekly for the last 3 weeks. It all began on the retreat weekend, at the Staverton. I woke up early and had the swimming pool Jacuzzi and steam room all to myself! I quickly observed the great effects it had on my skin (all over) but ESPECIALLY my lovely locs.  I had been researching fellow blogs for information, then  blogger Natacha wrote that she was investing in a portable one ...

Hand in tha hair!

While driving home today after church I found myself grabing my hair, from tiredness(?)  Groping a handful of healthy, strong and full loc'd hair. It felt good! I am so grateful for this method of loc'ing, the absolute FREEDOM and natural enhancing of what God has given me, my loc's are as unique as I am. Boy, do I LOVE that fact. As a woman of colour, I am utterly thankful for a system that allows me the freedom to be me, naturally, hence the name.  Yes, I know more about other products to help maintain unlocked hair, but I didn't know then.  This option has definitely turned out the best method for me.



Issues.


Ok, take a look, this, in my opinion, is not a healthy loc. It is thin and weak in some areas and thick in others ;( . What to do?
I don't manipulate my hair a lot. So I have to put it down to soft hair syndrome! (and the minor amount of braid outs I do!)

Yesterday I found 2 other loc's that were ultra fine and instantly married them! Well they needed each other! I two strand twisted them and retightened them as one. I did that before and can no longer identify them anywhere! Good!

I also am finding loose hair in various places and intend to follow Dewdrop's youtube video to guide me on how to fix the issue, think that may be done tomorrow! Lucky enough someone had the same problem on the LIU group and the instruction was to take a pin and push the hair down. Hmm. Again, maybe tomorrow.

Er ... Tomorrow is here (Monday) :)

Yes it has taken me 2 days to write this post, gosh I am loving my lack of focus, and especially the lack of needing to be!!! Yaay me! free to FAFF about! (faff = brainless, mindless, meandering meaninglessness)! Well that's my interpretation anyway.  If you don't like the word faff, Bimbo will suffice! ;)

My routine is simple ... steam room (if I can be asked to get up early enough) then spritz with rose water and glycerin ...  Currently loc washing once a week, but really tempted to do it bi-weekly, because I LOVE my Aubs Org shampers, it (they) smell(s) lush! I have never been a woman to oil my scalp, *cough* lazy * cough*! So quite happy to find I never really needed to. My loc journey didn't really have any scalp issues, apart from when I wanted\needed to wash it. (I was not permitted to wash more than once per month)

So as you can see my style is still free, wild, and unruly ... hmm ;)

Yes, I am very happy to be me!

I must admit though, my fringe may not exist by next retight,  I find I am constantly sweeping it out of my eyes. I found a diary extract the other day written on the 05/05/09 in it I wrote ... 'To loc or not to loc? That is the question! ..." the answer is before you!






No comments: