Stat

Tuesday 24 August 2010

Funny How Time Flies ...

I did an early re-tight!
(last re-tight 27 July, current completed 22nd August)  Almost 15 month mark! Time seems to pass swiftly after the 1 year milestone.

Although I have all the time in the world now, I was not in the mood to re-tight myself,  however,  Liz is away and I was not left with much  choice. So I decided not to delay the inevitable. Get on and do it, so I washed it on Thursday as usual and decided that I would just use my Honeysuckle Rose Shampoo ...
About 45 minutes into drying time,  I noticed that my hair looked funny, not as clean and clear as usual. I rinsed again and examined my hair and realized what it was ...

BUILD UP!!! growl!

Well I never! ( .... had build up before!). My locs appeared grayish with bits of white in places, not a lot, but noticeable to me.

Now I don't have ACV (Gasp!  She has EVERYTHING except ACV)
So, head over bath, shower in hand, rinse rinse rinse, GREEN TEA, rinse rinse rinse

It cleared up quite easily, but I need to,

1). Buy some ACV.  2). Recognize that I might need to clarify every 2 weeks. Not sure what I did differently from my normal routine though so will have to be alert.

QUESTION 1. UK loc sisters, do I have to go to a health food store to buy this or simply buy cider vinegar from local supermarket?

QUESTION 2. (anyone ;)) I also hear of bicarbonate of soda being good at removing build up ... which do you prefer? Which is most effective? I hear ACV is smelly ... hmm.

Comparison pics

Compare my progress  six months exactly (19 feb)  and  (22 Aug)









I know that MOST  of my locks have made it to the teenage stage. I do have 5 new locks around but I am cool with that. I know I am locked because my hair has survived my steam/sauna/swim summer activities, and I have not needed to emergency rescue any of my baby locs. 
WHAT DO YOU THINK? your opinions are important to me,  (on my hair that is! ) 
this has been my summer, it is almost over, and back to work next week. Have to give thanks for the job .... Just to give thanks also to two of the most important people in my life. God sends people to love us in various forms, it is good to identify those who we KNOW are on assignment (for good!) in our lives. 



My SON  xx :))))
My Neets!

Be Blessed ... Nai ... x

4 comments:

NESSessary said...

I personally love using ACV...yes it has a smell, but it disappears as soon as you rinse it out. I think it does a better job than baking soda, it leaves it feeling detoxed and gives it a nice sheen. I thought baking soda made my hair feel worse than better lol, but many go by baking soda, so in my opinion you should try both to see which one you like better.

anthia-ofo said...

I never got on well with baking soda. I swear by acv. cider vinegar from the supermarket is the same thing. I avoid buildup by doing regular acv rinses. I'm forcing myself to reTi this week. I wish someone would do it for me...

Nai said...

Hey Ladies :))

@ Thank you Ness, and nah! I won't try BS, Your advice is good enough for me!

@ Hey Ofo, oddly enough I wanted someone to do my hair! but no choice, even if Liz was here ...!
Ofo, maybe we blog sisters in UK need to organise our own mini meet up?

Unknown said...

Looking good, I can see the growth :)

http://ohmysisterlocks.blogspot.com