Stat

Tuesday 29 April 2014

SisterLocks - Four years and eleven months! ACV rinse.

Four years and eleven months.

I was thinking about how to begin this blog, then it dawned on me that today was the 29th April - which means that I am well on the road to FIVE YEARS LOCKED! 
I actually can't fathom it, it didn't seem so long ago ... That's not a cliche either, It really has just dawned on me. How time has flown past.  

Today out of the blue I decided to ACV rinse, I haven't done that for the longest time, because of time itself. I had done the bicarbonate of soda wash last year, but after reading Cheleski's blog regarding things to avoid, I'm not going down that road again. 

My SL's are a good length now so that makes it easier to wash over the sink in the bathroom. 
I purchased a bottle of  Cider Vingar from Holland and Barretts, filled the sink with very warm water and a cupful of ACV, then I simply ducked my head in the water. I also bought a brush in with me to help, I have seen way too much lint in these here locks over the past 2 weeks and I am far from impressed! I found myself picking at the end of my longest lock as it appeared the most 'lint filled' out of them all, this lock comes from the corner of the last row at the nape of my neck. I used a pin and picked at it ... I was not impressed to see how much fluff and dust came out ... Kiss my teeth! :) 
I was not inspired to super cleanse then however. 

I wash my hair frequently, more than most but was surprised at the 'dirtiness' that tried to cling to the sides of the sink! I empties the bowl and filled it again. I didn't spend a long time doing it, 15 minutes the max. Then I got in the shower to fully wash it all out. I used the last of a bottle of Kiehls amino acid shampoo, then BIG shampoo as salt is also a very good clarifier. This was followed by Paul Mitchell's Awapuhi super wash which also states that it removes build up. I could feel my locks drying out after using the BIG because it is not a moisturising shampoo, so I washed twice to get that soft feel that was missing. I have to admit it didn't feel the same as normal, I think it was a bit dried out. But it does feel very 'clean'. 

I am aware that this should not be done too often but might do it again running up to my 5th Lockversary. 

Forever Living Products have a shampoo I am eager to try out. I see it has loads of good reviews so can't wait. I forgot to use it today if I am honest, but hey, there is always next week. 

No comments: