Stat

Saturday 4 September 2010

Some Loc Love and Appreciation ...

Hi lockers

Even though I was on summer break for a long while my blogging has slowed down. This was for 2 reasons.

Firstly, I personally feel that once I got through the initial locking phases and issues, there wasn't really that much left to write about.  I am 15 months locked now and am in teenage growth phase, I think!
I really know what my hair loves and hates product wise. and the product junkie in me is slowly but surely settling down.

My locs love and respond consistently to only ONE brand of Glycerin and Rose water, and I mean just ONE!  This brand is the one in the picture that I cannot locate anywhere else besides my local chemist, and believe me I have tried. So I was glad to get a call from them to say they had managed to get hold of a supply, so I ordered 4! I was down to 1.5 bottles, and using it sparingly!

My staple shampoo brand is still Aubrey Organics, although I may be tempted to relapse a little to Inecto Coconut shampoo. I still have and will try my Olive shampoo from Body shop AND I have another Faith in nature  CHOCOLATE shampoo and conditioner, those I looong to try ;).  I also confess to an interest in Alberto Balsam Orange and mandarin shampoo (only £1 or 3 for £2 in Superdrug :)) As you can tell I LOVE variety...

However, there is a down side. I notice that too much choice only brings confusion and thus can lead to ... the wrong choice ... hmm. Then I end up washing the substances out only a few days later ... mainly because I cannot stand the look or the feel of my locs after the process.

Secondly, I have been very busy ...
There is an old song that comes to mind when I think about my new thing  '... I found my thrill ... on blueberry hill ...'  one aspect of my extra curricular activities involves a steam room. I love them so much I am going to BUY one and have it installed ASAP!  No ... really ... I am serious ... I have been going for a steam at minimum, twice a week for the last 6 weeks.

My locs, my skin, my whole being loves the experience. My asthma is helped and has become more manageable too.

I use a generous amount of TW healing oil then go into the steamer for as long as I can stand. When they dry a little I quick spritz R and G ... The result is lovely. How do I know? ...

... Well this morning/afternoon as I walked out of Island Village, A lady stood staring at me from the bus stop. I walked up towards her, thinking that she was looking at me because I was smiling ... ( I am apparently guilty of always smiling, without  my knowledge!)

The lady spoke to me out loud "WOW! What beautiful hair!, Your dreads are beautiful, the best I have seen! I want dreads like that! WOW! (she kept on complimenting my Locs!).
I was gobsmacked, really surprised. We chatted for a bit, and I referred her to my blog, she is soo interested she wants to do them NOW! like next week! I suggested that she contact me, and I said I would give her a shout out. HI MARGARET :))).
It feels good when you graduate to being a  walking Sisterlocks advert.

HEY Bajan Lily !!! Welcome back ...  MWAAAAH xxx Missed you ;)))

2 comments:

Bajan Lily said...

So apart from you and your hair looking gorgeous, I am chugged to get a shout out! Yay!
Do keep posting, you might think that at 15 months you've got nothing (important) to say but some of us are still interested in routines, regimes , hairstyles and products! So much to learn from eachother!

Nai said...

Aww thank you Bajan :)) Just seems at times that I am repeating myself! I will hang in there with you all. God Bless x (time for work ... groan)