Stat

Sunday 12 September 2010

Autumn, Training, Workouts and the excesses thereof ....


Oh Wow ...
I am hurting ... everywhere! It is more of an everywhere ache rather than one specific place. My tail bone is aching and I do not know why! I don't remember any direct impact on it.

As mentioned yesterday, I have finally discovered the joys of workout, my favorite activity is Body Pump.
Over the last 6 weeks I ventured along to Zumba and raved about it so much, Nita, my mate, drove all the way to join me in class. So that became our staple.
I loved it so much I began to go to both Zumba classes, I then fell into Ab attack, and was ecstatic and  amazed at how doing crunches killed pmt pains ... dead!
I enjoyed Ab attack (twice a week) and ended up staying for Body Blast, which led me to Body Pump and LBT's.
Well that, I think, was my down fall. The classes fall on separate days except BP and LBT which run consecutively. I went from one to the other ... and was downhill from there. I didn't feel pain as such, just sick, flu'ey type symptoms and then the asthma.
I think the big issue is that I am back to work and trying to continue my regime along with it. I have been unable to do ANYTHING all weekend .... errr I mean after B'pump yesterday ( which I performed terribly at, I had to reduce my weights, when, prior to this weekend, I had been increasing them steadily! )
Upper body strength development is part of my aim, But, I can already see a big change in my lower body and legs, I am naturally stronger here. But the erm biggest difference is the erm ... butt ...!
No one told me the glutes would get bigger, although I understand why ...! ... AND I am putting on more weight.
My legs are slimming, but muscle more defined. I am actually really surprised at all this because this really never was my sort of thing, seeing results so quickly is quite interesting.

However,  I am an addict. I like the buzz ... simple. Discovering another aspect of me. Had to call my trainer friend for advice because I was feeling so unwell this weekend. She reminded me that I would have done all of this years ago but  I was committed to raising the family so wouldn't get into it. Good friends are rare :)) She also warned me to REST, to allocate rest days  to allow my body to recoup. Wow, wanted to start pilates too tomorrow! ... hmm :P

My other problem is food, I have been starving most of this week, absolutely starved. But too tired to cook properly. ( or rather I am too fussy with my food) so didn't eat the right foods. I have been so bad I will not confess what I craved AND ate!

Ok finally about lovely LOC's ...

I love the fact I am loc'd and free. During the lessons I let them fly around (although this may not last long!) as they are falling into my eyes. I just shower and steam after the workout ... then dry naturally as I get on with the rest of my day.
My locs are getting firm and strong (not so soft and loose as before). I am no longer hunting products.
I already posses a grand selection. It is about maintenance at the moment. When I can remember, I use Vatika coconut oil on my locks and go directly in the steam room for about 25 mins, max. They look lovely healthy and strong  after a treatment. I still only wash once a week, It does not matter to me if my hair is "clean' or not when I steam.  The results are the same regardless. Actually my loc's never get 'dirty' really. I only use R and G water daily and occasionally (once or twice) Vatika or healing oil.
So as you can see, blogging is becoming a bit of a sideline now ... but to make up for it I might start posting ... FULL body pics ...  lol  IF you are lucky!!! ha ha

Have a blessed week all,  you can leave your opinion if you have one, feel free. :))






1 comment:

V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

Pass some of that work out "Mojo" to me I need it! Glad you were enjoying oyur workouts at one point, but maybe you should take it easy and allow your body to rest. Anyhow your locks look lovely and the growing growing growing. Take Care