Stat

Wednesday 22 September 2010

Kindly Requesting Your Comments and Opinions, Are they Locks or Twists??

WHY?

Over the weekend I attended a friends 40th birthday party. It was great because we have remained firm friends since primary school, and are still close.
Now a majority of the ladies in attendance were Loc'd sisters! All of whom had mainly traditionals.
It was really great to see. I do know though that the friends of this lady are very afrocentric and much in touch with their African culture and roots. (Yes, she is Nigerian married to a man of Jamaican heritage)
We had not seen each other for about a year, so she was surprised to see my hair ... However her response was ... " Hey Nai ... Why you looking so hot and with ya sexy TWISTs too"!!!!"

She is and has been loc'd for quite a few years, so I ASSUMED that the loc'd state of my hair would be obvious ... NOPE!

She said ... "Well its that coolie mixed hair you got 'ennit, So it will look different ...

That was not the end ...

Another friend called me on Monday to ask  ... where I got my TWISTs done! Now I HAVE seen this person quite often over the last year , so she knows when I got Sisterlocks, but I am guessing that people are calling them as they see them ...?

NOW, this is where I request YOUR thoughts and  opinions .... I will not be (or am not)  offended if you think the same ... ;)))

Below are pics I have taken in the last 30 minutes and over the last month. Wet and dry ... WHAT DO YOU THINK?   ... Locks or Twists?

















I am also due for a retight this weekend, so gonna have to be up early to train before hair appointment ! :)))

I Can seee the growth at the moment, and feel it too, so am very interested to see how it will look on Saturday, Also I know it is longer because drying time has increased, I used to dry in an hour or two, now it seems to take much longer. :)
Have any of you used Baby shampoo to wash your locks? Or do you know of anyone who has tried it? What do you think?

Enjoy these pics, and I will compare todays with Saturdays, God willing :))

Ohh almost forgot, I have 4 loc's at the front that are CONSTANTLY unravelling! It is so annoying!!!! WARNING to all Sisters with fine soft hair ... do not over manipulate, wash, or curl your locks too soon. I didn't,  but STILL have to have some redone, and I am one week off 16 months locked!!!

... and Finally!

Work out / Training Progress so far ...

I Did Circuit training on saturday morning, (un wittingly walked to the gym beforehand :0) ... She nearly killed me! EVERY muscle from waist to knee was BURNIN!!.

Then, that night, I went partying .... Sunday morning I tried to get up and sit up  ... I tell you ... I could not sit down good for 2 days straight! SNM!

At a time when I would retain water (abdominal), and feel crap loads of pain. I am happy to report, reduced symptoms of oncoming cycle (PMS) and much reduced pain. I looked in the mirror on day of the 'onset' and saw not a fat bloated tender tummy but ... ABS DEFINITION!!!! HAAAA! LOVING IT LIKE THAT!!! and last night at Body Pump, I easily lifted my weights and even thought I should have gone heavier! I cannot believe there was a time I would have NEVER dared anything like this, especially on the FIRST DAY! Now, I do not think I could exist without it! As you may be aware I have posted this blog when I should have attended class, but decided on a hot bath, prayer and some time with my big babies ... :)

Bless you ALL  xxx. ... Nai ...x

7 comments:

Jaydot said...

You can tell they are locks, they dont look like twists at all! pretty btw!

Mrs Mac's Corner... said...

Let me be the first to comment!! Now to me they look like locs, having said that when i first saw sisterlocks in person I was confused because they were so much smaller than i had thought i'd seen. On the other hand they could be confused with twists because i have a sister who has about the same length as you and she gets her twisted and IMHO they do indeed look similar!

What i would say and seem to notice is that becasue they are called sisterlocks and we tend to introduce them as such, the listerner and unaware could asume it's another name for a hairstyle and not an actual lock if you see what i mean.

Nai said...

Hey Jaydot, Thank you for your input. :)

anthia-ofo said...

They look like locs to me. The 1st time I saw SLs in person, I knew they were locs,(only bc I knew about SLs) but they looked like miniscule twists. The wearer was 7 mths in and they weren't completely locked yet.

Nai said...

@ Mrs Mac
Awww almost! LOL! look how close you were,

and OFo, thank you ladies for responding. I posted this blog not at two flimsy remarks but because literally, most people cannot tell they are locks of ANY kind. So I decided to put it to the vote. Just interested in your views xx

nappy headed black girl said...

They clearly look like locs to me also. There's no twist patter whatsoever.

Don't be offended...someone called my "braids" once lol

Titus 2 Thandi said...

I don't see why anyone would assume they were twists.IMO they don't look like twists at all.