Stat

Wednesday 26 October 2011

Sister 'dry' Locks 2, A Review of Efficient Products.

This blog is especially for Ofo! Your wish is my command! ;)

Hello all, if you have read my previous hairscapades, you will be aware of my dry lock spell,  well , I had to go on  PJ moisture/conditioner hunt ... it was BAD!!

These are my new finds. No they don't come cheap, but neither did my locks! 


Well I had mad hair days last Thursday and Friday. I did my co- wash, however, that Saturday pm, my hair still lacked that special something, I was impulsively drawn to the product shelves in TKMaxx, a MAJOR first for me. 
On display was a serious selection of salon styled products, on reduction, I picked up this shampoo because it is labelled hydrating and is free from EVERYTHING! £9.99! (half price I think). It does the job.

TIGI Bed Head Moisture Maniac


Ingredients
Water (Aqua), Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Acetamide MEA, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, DMDM Hydantoin, Cetrimonium Bromide, PPG-2 Myristyl Ether Propionate, Pentaerythrity.

This little gem above is my BABY! So aptly named. This little bottle of magic SORTED IT OUT! Yes I mean it deserves the name and lives up to its brand. One major problem? I think it is now discontinued. TKmaxx!! buy Buy BUY!!!! QUICK! again ... sulfate and silicone free. the best! Cost £5.99, 60% off retail price. More expensive on Amazon.

water, cetyl alcohol, cetearyl alcohol, amodimethicone, glycerine, aloe leaf juice, butylene glycol and anthemis nobilis flower extract, cofea arabica extract and vaccinium myrtillus fruit extract, roas roxburghii fruit extract, propylene glycol and rosemary leaf extract, olive fruit oil, avocado oil, sweet almond oil, hydrolyzed wheat protein, menthol, panthenol, behentrimonium methosulfate, BHT, Polysorbate 60, PEG 60 almond dimethylamine, guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, citric acid, disodium EDTA, 1, 2-hexanediol and caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, sorbic acid, fragrance 


I came across this little lovely when I was trying to find out about WEN by Chas Dean. 

Hair One is a Conditioning Cleanser, a generic brand ...? A similar chemical make up, at a fraction of the price, with no subscription necessary.
I viewed many a YouTube review. Impulsed again, I 'amazoned' me a bottle ( I'm a prime customer with no postage costs) I first tested it on my Sister in the Lord, on her BEAUTIFUL natural head of hair, great results! No oils or extra moisturising necessary, even the next day after she loosened her china bumps, She said her hair was in good condition and not in need of her usual regime.
Same night I tried and tested for myself. It does not lather, at all. In fact most sulfate free's do not lather.
I pumped a lot in, its hard getting used to, applied it twice. Then only slightly rinsed out the second application as it is recommended to use as a leave in conditioner. I find 'leave ins' a little awkward because I can never quite get it 'in' and I don't like the whitish residue look after a wash.
RESULT? 
I like, very much, it takes a bit of getting used to, but, I have body and softness which I desire in a Shampoo/Conditioner . 
I located an online stockist, that have successfully delivered the items next day at the hefty price of £6.50 or thereabouts. Its a good thing I ordered more than one item, as that extortionate price was the only 'option' available! 
Beware though, I have read some poor reviews on this online store,  call first, I did, to ensure stock availability. JinnysMall £5.50 Amazon £8.49 

Oh about 'Leave Ins" - another TIGI brand Love Peace Planet, Let it Be Cherry Almond,

Ingredients

Shea Butter - excellent moisturizing and conditioning benefits, rich with natural fatty acids and other nutrients
Sweet Almond Oil - strong emollient with natural fatty acids which adds moisture for soft, supple hair and a conditioned scalp
Wheat & Rice Amino Acids - penetrate hair to help to increase moisture retention, strengthens and promotes a glossy finish
Hibiscus - anti-inflammatory, astringent and anti free radical properties work to restore hair's natural barrier
Chamomile - soothing aromatherapy fragrance, offers anti-irritant benefits for a healthy scalp


the scent doesn't last long but it goes IN and again crap free (LOL) you understand? :) It does THE Job. Will review in more detail soon, tired!! LOL!

OFO! I likes it, but I need to practice more on application :))))

Distilled water, seaweed complex, herbal complex, natural oils, herbal extract complex, preservatives, fragrance

Hmmm somewhat VAGUE! hmmm ... 

I picked this up a few months ago and disliked the scent initially and the consistency and how it felt when applied, however, when the seasons changed, so does my maintenace requirements and while in summer less means more, in Autumn / Winter less equals DRY so MORE is needed!!! 

3 comments:

anthia-ofo said...

Nai, excellent review! So you got TIGI from TKMaxx? I will be there asap.I'd like to try the TIGI leave-in. Was that TKMaxx too? Hair One...hmmm not quite convinced-yet. I'll keep observing you lol. Since kemy oyl won't spell out ALL ingredients, I'll give them a miss. You're absolutely right about the changing seasons and hair needs. I too am looking for moisture. Urgently required in the last few weeks. I'm re-formulating my home-made spritz, but haven't quite got it(lack of time).I picked up some cheap silicone&sulphate-free conditioners(£shop) and Naked rescue shampoo from Boots. Haven't tried them yet. ALL I want is a product that works and won't leave a pile of Crap on my head!!

anthia-ofo said...

I forgot to ask..what does HairOne smell like? Fragrance is a BIG decider for me LOL.

Nai said...

Thank you Lady Ofo! alll for youuu! :)

Thats the thing about Hair One, the scent is subtle but seemed to enhance my BIG shampoo scent, I LOVED my lock scent for a good 2 days. It does have a gentle scent but It is hard to define.
Tigi Leave in I will use tonight! I got on Amazon, under £5. not a long lasting scent but crap freeeee!

I have found that It is hard to avoid EVERY crappy chemical so decided on the biblical principle of MODERATION, in ALL things. Just get the right balance for your own crown of Glory x