Stat

Tuesday 18 October 2011

Sister 'dry' Locks!

I have a problem. In fact, I am just not happy! A week ago I purchased Sisterlocks products for the first




time. Yay ... I thought!

Frown. 

Unfortunately, I have found that, personally, they do not live up to my expectations, especially in respect of the information we have regarding maintenance of SisterLocks.

In fact I am speechless at the results. 

I was excited at the prospect of using them, then I read the ingredients.  Eyebrows raised I forged ahead.

The result was just plain bad.

SisterLocks Shampoo.

1. I wash my hair whenever I want to. 

2. The weather has changed slightly and the temperature has dropped, yet our terrible cold misery weather has not yet set in. And I live in a hard water area. I admit that my moisturising/conditioning has levelled off to once or twice a week. At least during this summer.

I washed my hair for the first time last week Sunday, using the shampoo and the moisture treatment to follow, I noticed a strange difference, but ignored it.  I washed it again near the end of the week and the next day I had a head full of straw, in fact, straw is too generous a description. It didn't just feel dry it looked  awful. I was at work when I felt my head itch more than the norm, then I felt it. I actually can not describe how horrid it felt. 

I ran home, wracking my brain for what I could use to restore my previously lush locks. I decided to pull out the big guns (Nexus Humectress Moisturising Conditioner and American Cream Condish by Lush.) I showered, wet my head and pumped and saturated my head with them.
I rinsed, saturated again, then put on a shower cap and sat with it on for a minimum of 2 hours! KMT!!

During this weekend ...

For the last 48 hours I melted at least 4 ounces of Pure Coconut Oil and applied it from root to tip, especially the ends! I think/hope my locks are finally on route to restoration. .. but I dislike the smell  and I want to wash that out! KMT!

Desperately back on the moisture hunt again, I am a member of Lock It Up and have a backlog of unread emails, the most recent I have caught up on refer to WEN hair products by Chas Dean. I liked the sound of it but was not prepared to pay over the odds. So I checked out Amazon and discovered a 'generic' brand/ version called Hair One, for a fraction of the price. 

Conditioner.

On Saturday I came across TIGI Bedhead Moisture Maniac. I grabbed a bottle, but resisted the temptation to wash my locks again ... 
I waited ... until today, I also bought a bottle of shampoo by Head Organics (formerly unheared of) a sulfate free Hydrating Shampoo (giant bottle for 9.99). 
Head Organics is good, and great value for money.

Tigi Bed Head Moist Maniac? AMAZING!!!

Locks were still dying for moisture so went for it. OMG the IMMEDIATE SLIP, so I thought let me check what type of silicone it was full of ... only to find that it is actually SILICONE FREE!

Moisture Maniac!!!! THANK YOU!!

5 comments:

anthia-ofo said...

Girl you're too funny! Ok, quick I want this TIGI bedhead moist maniac bc my locs feel so dry. Where did you get it? Which SL shampoo did you get? I've got the salon formula and it's quite moisturising but I need something more.

anthia-ofo said...

BTW did you get hair one? I saw it as an alternative to Wen, but was wanting someone to try it out 1st. Do a product review if you get it...You know how I value your experiments.

Nai said...

Yes babe! WEN is here, I will test on Satuday, although am sorely tempted to wash tooo niigght!!! LOOOL!!

anthia-ofo said...

Do you mean you got WEN, Hair one or BOTH? I wait patiently for your review hehehe. You really ought to get paid for all this:)

Nai said...

D'OH
Sorry Hair One!!! and I did it this evening JUST for you! ;)) Blog tomorrow! x bless you x