Stat

Saturday 8 October 2011

2yrs 5 months, Mature Sisterlocks?






This Locked Life.


Hey Lock Lovers everywhere,
Summer has officially ended here in the UK, and another year is almost over.
My locs are progressing nicely. I love locs mainly because they do their own thing and do not need me to be obssesive about weather conditions. 
Yesterday on my way home ... I got caught in a shower of rain, the bigfatgetwetfast type of rain! No exaggeration! I could feel the cold drops of water saturate my locks to the scalp ... and it didn't bother me! ... I got home, my locs dried quickly without my help ... no fuss no problem.  DREAM hair!











My styling choice of late has been regular braidouts.  The only thing is I have to braid every night, I use Paul Mitchell Awapuhi moisture mist to dampen the hair.

I am not sure when locs move from teenage to mature stage, I have noticed recently though, that some of my ends are loose, the buds have gone. So I have a few curly ends. Not a problem for me though, I liked them from the early days.

The weather change in the last week has left my locs a little dry, So, I contacted GEORGE!!
That was for Ofo's sake ( ; o ) ) YES Ofo ... Sisterlocks Products ... here I comeeee! 
George is the only UK SisterLocks Products Distributor that I KNOW of. He is friendly and very knowledgeable about Sisterlocks, and provides an excellent service, with one day delivery where possible. Give him a try! His number is 07886488035.

Images: SisterLocks DIY, Reti and Wash 28 months



12 comments:

anthia-ofo said...

Nai, I can't believe how much growth you have!! Your locs have sprouted overnight! What did you buy from George? I'm overdue for a retite, but I'm running my son around to & from tutors I don't have time to go get it done! I've started DIY-ing & I'm going to be doing it in the car whilst I'm waiting at piano or maths lessons.

Pebbles said...

I am at 2 years 6 months so we almost hair twins. Some of my buds (ends) are breaking off leaving my ends curly. Are your ends breaking off? I don't mind because I don't like the fat rounded ends. I plan on cutting them all off eventually.

Titus 2 Thandi said...

Looking great!

Locksie C said...

bigfatgetwetfast ha ha I had to laugh. Wow they seem a lot longer is it so long since I have seen you!!! Beautiful..love the comparison....

Nai said...

@ Ofo - Aloe shampoo, conditioner and reconstructor.
wow, you have a lot on! It took me 2 and a bit days to reti this time! not consistently, but still longer than usual. As for the growth, i noticed that it gets wet in the shower and i can feel it down my back! or caught in the zip on my dress ....

@ Pebbles - Yes they are falling off or coming off during reti, and I agree with you, I will cut any left over!

@ Thandi - Thank you!

@ Thank you Miss C, as always!!! Its not how long you seen me, I guess it just has a growth spurt. People at work notice before i do!

Britlocs said...

Hello fellow Sisterlockers. My locs are also 2 and a half years old so we're all at the same stage.
Your locs look gorgeous and grown so long. I must update my blog but I enjoy reading others' too much.

Nai said...

Hey Britlocs
Thank you! Me too! Most of the time I spend reading a backlog of LIU emails and reading other blogs too x update yours so that I can include it!

Anonymous said...

Hi ive stumbled in yr blog as im searching for someone to buy my sisterlocks shampoo...i know its bn a couple of years but wanted to ask do u still use george? Hes the only contact i have too but im frustrated as i can never get the guy. Ive only ever managed to get thru once...not good as had locks over two yrs now. Wd really appreciate it if you could lmk uf the guys changed number or eloped or simething. Pls lmk

Nai said...

I used to get my products from George but that was a while ago, the last contact number I have for him is 07886488035.
He was quite reliable then ...
I have contacted him to find out if he is still in the business as such, will feedback asap.

Anonymous said...

Thanks thats the number i have too but hes not answering its been over 2months and im not getting him...well my shampoo is dun and i guess ill just get ordinary shampoos from now on...what a shame ive tried to do as i was asked and stick with the products but its too much hassle and in vain...thanks for responding tho. Take care

Nai said...

http://njoi41naturallyx.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/sisterlocks-using-alternative-products.html

I never bothered, it was not easy back then either. However, my locks are thriving! I left messages for George but he did not get back to me either. Check out the link above. Hope it helps :)

Nai said...
This comment has been removed by the author.