Stat

Saturday 5 June 2010

Season of the sun ... moisture hunt pt 2


Hey everyone :)))

Just a pic of me and my baby. ( I do not care that he is 11!! That is irrelevant!! HE is STILL my BABY !! loool

My end of holiday blog, a lovely Saturday evening. This morning something very strange came over me ... I began to play with my hair in a an attempt to flat twist. I have tried? to create a style for next month.
Not only is it my birthday but the wedding day of my oldest friend. To be honest, I need to try something and practice makes perfect. Mind you,  I could always go and see me good friend and previous hairdresser and she can do it for me! LOL

Yeah I like that idea much better !!! ha ha ha! 

One reason that i avoid twisting and braiding my locs is because I have weak parts to some locs, where they are still curly and thin (not yet loc'd) I think if I add too much tension to them then that will cause breakage.

Moisture hunt.

Yesterday I tried Aloe vera gel (pure) and a little spritz. The weather was quite warm (for me anyway) and throughout the whole day I lost count the amount of times I had to spritz (Awapuhi) in fact, the little bottle is almost empty! So i like the idea of aloe vera, just not moisturising enough.
Today was just shower, a little, healing oil before hand. and Africare leave in conditioner. Which was the very first I had ever used. I felt it left my hair a bit tacky before, but my locks are a lot longer, thicker and thirstier now. So I think I have found the best combination.
1. A few drops Healing Oil pre shower. ( I think they say it seals in moisture that way) OR Natures  shine before washing my hair.
2. Spritz with Africare leave in conditioner ( They are also XTN Care) It says on the bottle that it is a detangling spray so i do not recommend it for newbies who 'slip' easy.

So far today my hair looks and feels much better ... although, the weather has calmed down a bit, it is humid but overcast.

Summer Sunshine ... we love you ... and so do my locs. Yes Anthia -Ofo it is official. My growth pattern is at its best in the summer and the evidence is that my locs are growing like weeds! yaay.

My hair type/ length has always ventured past shoulder. But, my loc'd hair is growing thicker and faster for obvious reasons! I notice because I am struggling with them getting into my eyes (fringe/bangs) and with todays style sitting neatly on my shoulders, the thick of it covering my neck easily, making me hot and wanting to put it up ... :))) I dont think I can cope with the fringe in a few weeks.

I actually watched one loc grow over the last 2 weeks, at first it lay above my eyebrow and now touches below my right eye.

Loc Love.

My girlfriends are very impressed with my loc progress Michi and Nita especially, (Roz ALWAYS had a thing for locs! ... ha ha )
Michi had to 'cop a feel' and 'groped' away getting a good feel of the growth and thickness. She loves it! (her words! lol)

Generally I have found, in the beginning, that the English (caucasions) seem to like locs a lot. Some of my best compliments and comments have come from them! One lady at my school, (a red head) told me she loved my hair BECAUSE it was natural, when I first got it done, she appreciated the natural texture.

My other loc lovers are my church sisters, they love them.

I have been surprised at the archaic responces I have read in some LIU emails. Some people have been told foolishness by church members and leaders alike. Ladies please relate to God alone and let the HOLY SPIRIT guide you! In these last days we need to get the minor details right. If you can't hear Him on a minor issue, what will you do on a major?

My simple attempt at flat twists pics below. above twist held with a head band. You can't say I didnt try! Have a great weekend . N'joi ... x


8 comments:

anthia-ofo said...

Is that you baby? Awww, he is so handsome.Tell him I said so. looks like his mama. Is he aware he's on your blog? Hehehe. We're all on this moisture quest. I've also decided to do a semi permanent colour, cos those greys just wont budge with milder rinses.

Nai said...

Ofo!!!! I am laughing my head off!! I just called him over to show him and this is what he said ...'HUH? is this on your website? take it off NOW!..' LAUGH OUT LOUD!! I then showed him your comment. He smiled a big smile and went back to watch tv!

I had to wash my hair today, one because I love to but mainly cos I tried so much stuff, I want a clean start lol! I think JML are winning too cos I used the protein condish and it smells and feels lush. How are your locks doing in our umm erratic weather conditions?

anthia-ofo said...

Nai, he is too cute! Read about my coffee rinse disaster. I found aubrey organics green tea clarifying shampoo. It does an excellent job, it's also sulphate free so doesn't leave your hair dry.

Bajan Lily said...

He is indeed a lil cutie (and very much like you!) Gosh - I can't imagine what my son'll be like at 11...

Thanks for the updates.. I shall keep watching to see what moisturiser you give the final seal of approval :)

coconut oil and water for me so far... planning to try avocado oil in a spritz and see what happens next.

Bajan Lily said...

He is indeed a lil cutie (and very much like you!) Gosh - I can't imagine what my son'll be like at 11...

Thanks for the updates.. I shall keep watching to see what moisturiser you give the final seal of approval :)

coconut oil and water for me so far... planning to try avocado oil in a spritz and see what happens next.

Nai said...

Ofo ... where do you get your Aubery organics? not that I should even think about ... erm ... ahem.;)I also got the Lush Henna ... hmmmm

Bajan ... imagine? You won't need to! Time goes so fast ...

I own both those oils ... and I just might try and keep it simple too. so whats your spritz oil /water ratio?

anthia-ofo said...

You gon try henna? Oh the hassle!!! But don't let me discourage you. Make sure you keep me posted though.

Bajan Lily said...

oh, my oil/water ratio is something like 1:3 but there have been times after washing when I've just poured some oil on my hands and rubbed it through - bad I know but it was nice!