Stat

Saturday 19 June 2010

Winning the moisture war ...

Hey Locs family,

Well ... almost at the end of another school year (for me).

I have finally completed my 30 reports and assessments are almost complete,  I have a little more time on my hands.

Today I want to update on my latest efforts

Braid / Twist outs.

I do love the shape and bounce I have when I braid out .

HOWEVER, 

Just like the previous time, I notice that my locks seem thinner when I stop. Let me explain, ...

My locks still appear to shrink slightly.  When I braid them (and not tightly) then let them loose, my locs are longer but thin, stringy looking, almost as though they are weakened by the process. I have to think about the fact that my hair is loc'd but not yet fully matured. Due to my previous experiences, it may be best if I give them a little more time, and less manipulation.

Moisture ... at last?



Our weather at the moment is ... erm ... CRAP.

It is not cold, in fact its kinda humid. The sun is THERE but we are not permitted to experience it in all its glory!!!
So, that means my hair has not had a chance to dry out like it did a few weeks ago. In the meanwhile,
I have made an interesting discovery, my cheaper lesser known products seem to work VERY well.

I loc washed on Tuesday evening with Inecto Coconut Shampoo and then Moisture Conditioner. I did not manipulate my hair a great deal, just used the shower head to massage my scalp a lot.
Well, two of my thinnest Sisterlocks unravelled completely. The rest survived, but that stuff did what it said on the bottle! It was a nice experience! I then used the leave in conditioner and that was cool. My hair felt good the next morning.

I have made another interesting discovery ... Rosewater and Glycerin!!!!!
Who woulda thunk it??  I could not stand the scent of  this when I was a babe.
I have used it for the last few days and it works ...

Perfectly!

Plus it only cost £2.49 a bottle!
Soo ...  my £1.99 bottles of Inecto products and now my £3.00 moisturiser! Errrrm a total of  ...£6.49/ £7.00 ( approx $12 to $14)  hmmmmm tI have spent that easily on ONE bottle of shampoo / condish / spritz ...
Hmmm ... oh dear! :)))

Anyway nothing is wasted, I have 3 boys in the house and believe me, they love to work their way through my stuff, so it won't last! :)))

Please stop bye and say Hi!!!!! :)

Bless ...x Nai x

2 comments:

anthia-ofo said...

So the inecto leave-in is working? I can get inecto products in my neck of the woods and very affordable too. I have a bottle of glycerine and rosewater still sitting there from 5yrs ago. I bought it from boots and could never bring myself to sling it. Is it still alive, I wonder? and ...errrm, can u please reveal to me what type of summer we're having? cos I dunno...whether it's warm or cold.

Nai said...

ermm ... nah, wouldnt try it if I were you!! I saw a bottle in the shop with 2008 expiry date ...enough said!!! Not easy to come by anymore either! but it is REALLY doing the job! I am amazed, but grateful to have found it!

And as for the weather ... it is somewhat like the football team!!! KMT! ;)) Bless you ..x