Stat

Thursday 31 December 2009

Make Plans for the Next Victory

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"Now therefore, give me this mountain of which the Lord spoke in that day"

(Joshua 14:12, NKJV)

TODAY'S WORD from Joel and Victoria

In the Bible, Caleb helped lead the people of Israel into their Promised Land. But I love that Caleb didn't just stop there. When he was 80 years old, he said, "God, give me another mountain." He was saying, "God, give me something else to do. Give me another assignment." Notice, he was planning on living out his life in victory. He could have said, "God, just let me retire. Man, my back's hurting. I can hardly see anymore. Medicare wouldn't pay that latest prescription. I'm so aggravated." No, he was strong. He was energetic; he was ready for the next challenge.

Friend, no matter how old or how young you are, God has another assignment for you. You wouldn't be here if God didn't have a purpose for you. I believe that this next year is going to be your best ever. Make plans for the next victory. Make plans to increase in influence, abundance, and favor. Choose today to live full of joy, peace, strength, and health; and take a step of faith into the life of victory He has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

"Father in heaven, thank You for creating me and giving my life purpose.

Help me discover the gifts and talents You've placed within me so that I can use them to Your glory and move forward into the life of victory You have prepared for me. In Jesus' Name, Amen."

No comments: