Stat

Wednesday 2 December 2009

Six months later, compliments and observations.

On the 27th I had a lovely encounter with a complete stranger, her name is Simone, I attended an appointment in Watford at a centre and she is a receptionist there. We said our good mornings and then she said she had to tell me that she thought my hair was absolutely beautiful and she loved it! I was taken aback, she said she envied me! (this lady is English in heritage with long thick black hair which I thought was lovely myself!!!) She said it was good to see a black woman with hair like mine as opposed to BW with relaxed hair which she thought all looked the same. She said she hoped I would not be offended by her comments! We spent half an hour talking hair and me explaining sisterlocks! Friday was a great day for many reasons but that was the start of it and it helped to make my day!!!

The 28th saw my loc's hit six months old. I actually have a few that are completely loc'd. The first one being at the very corner of the nape of my neck. It is clearly longer than the rest, my consultant said it could be because it got wet the most while showering etc and mostly rubbed against my clothes too that helped it loc faster.

After blog surfing, I decided to try something different. I washed my hair before retight ... at first it was ok, but then a week later I found my head really itchy which had not happened before. I also found my scalp dryer. So, I tried another first ... I washed my hair again... (NEVER washed my hair twice in a month) and am now very happy! Shhh dont tell my consultant because she did not give her permission! mainly because my hair is still very soft.

Another thing I did was dilute my shampoo in a spray bottle, that could have also reduced the effect of the shampoo (neutrogena) which usually works really well for me. I LOVE PRODUCTs and on saturday EMPTIED my collection of nexus and ORS shampoo and conditioners into my daughters bags (at least £100 worth of products!) I know I would not be able to use them again if I am to avoid build up, so off they went! Needless to say Kay was VERY happy! I must say though that every time I read about a product on a blog I REALLY want to try it!!! Especially Gigglz favoutite Oyins berries products she kept talking about! The problem is that product is not available in England!
I confess I cannot wait for my hair to loc completely so I can make the most of my natural hair!
I am very much into hair and skincare products and have a stash of ALL my favourites, I mean ALL and I mean STASH!

My loc's are getting longer and I was getting bored with the freestyling, so for a time I tried a twist out, I think that made my hair unravel (slip) a bit and I had to have a few replaced. So now I loosely twist once or twice a week if I feel like it or put it up in two loose bunches and go to bed! The bunches dont pull on the hair as much as the twists and when I let the hair down it has more body and a bounce.

The locks at the back of my head have a lot of 'movement' and blow in the wind LOL! My loc's are doing very well, my hair has grown a lot which I am very happy with them.

I will post pics as soon as possible, not up to taking pictures at the moment, a very eventful period in my life, soo much happening and I am in deep reflection on everything! But most of all we finally laid my close friend to rest on  monday, really tired, was an exhausting day, but God Is Good!

Thanks to all my followers who are interested in my progress! you are appreciated!

6 comments:

anthia-ofo said...

6 mths eh? How time flies when you're having fun. Is neutrogena the shampoo you use then? Is it clarifying? Can we see some pics soon? What lovely compliments from a total stranger! You must be doing something right...NATURALLY hehehe.
Sorry about your friend.Sad that his life was cut short, but He has gone to a better place.

Nai said...

Aw Ofo thank you! yes I think Neutrogena is clarifying! lemme read the bottle LOL!!!
Yes J is with the our Lord I know this, he got baptised this year, march/april married July. miss him soo much, he used to take my pics for me!
thank you for being a follower and a new friend! Bless you x

Gigglz said...

Congratulations N'Joi on locking. Its weird that so many SL wearers seem to be locking in a much earlier stage than me. Or do I just not know if my hair is actually locking :-) hmmm....

What a peaceful background to look at as I type this, it reminds me of my childhood.

Nai said...

Hey Gigglz my guess is you/
we may be unaware. A case of can't see for looking ...as our hair types are different we/I really am not sure what to look for... would you agree, we all do it differently.
The background ... hmmm similar to the scene at my school in the spring! and the peace aspect is no coincidence ... thats me :)

locstory said...

Hey N'joi,
I enjoy your site so much, but the background makes it so hard to read. Can you please do something? The previous one was perfect.

Thanks,

Paula.

Nai said...

Hey Paula
Was thinking the very same thing today ... sorry... will amend as soon as I can. Thanks for following :o)x