Stat

Thursday 17 December 2009

Perspectives :)

Well, even if the curls ARE in a state of rebellion ( after all, they are MY curls ...what else could I expect from them?) they are healthy natural curls and an experience I have not encountered since my baby/childhood.

Soo ... my focus today will be ....  OOh! ... how my hair has grown! Well that was the expression from my eldest son who actually FOLLOWED me into the bathroom with an amazed look on his face, He never knew my natural hair could grow that fast :))) So lets focus on the positive of this experience, and give thanks anyhow! :o)

9am the morning after .. 29 June(below)                                                           second retightening August
Seven days after install (pic below) December 2009 seventh retightening ( just over six and a half month
Well in all things we should give thanks, and I do! rebellious hair or not, my locs are strong and growing at a  healthy rate and with that I am very happy. I love my curly / loc'd hair!

4 comments:

V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

Due to your last post, I'm sure you are going to hold off on all those products. I know you were anxious to try them, but remember they are not going anywhere, lol.

It's a couple of products I want to try but I can't because I have several new locks, so it's like I'm starting all over again.

Anyhow looking at your pics really shows how your locks have progressed over time and they look really good. Just be patient with the locking process because it does take time, it will happen when you least expect it.

Take Care

Felicia said...

I have very thick,kinky hair, but check out Nubianlockedprincessnyc.blogspot.
She seems to have similar, soft hair such as yours. Mayve you can get some tips from her blog. She has had locks for two years now. I hope that this helps!! Bless you!!

Nai said...

@ Brown buttahfly - Hold off? Honey I locked them back up in the loft! Liz asked if I could go without washing it for the next 4 weeks!!!!!!, let alone change shampoo!!! LoooL, I am cool with it tho, I really do like this stage of my hair process, But my major sulk is I cannot wash more frequently, It has been my effective way to de-stress me ... thanks for your support! x

@ Felicia, Thank you soo much! will check out her blog NOW! I want to thank you for your encouraging comments, you have made blogging worthwhile! ;o) Bless you too x

Anonymous said...

What a great resource!