Stat

Wednesday 23 December 2009

Serious note ...

Ok. I need to blog this, but do not know what title to give it, However I need to ...

I am Asthmatic.

So are many other people ... big deal ...!?

Yes well for many years I have not taken it seriously and paid no attention to it, I made sure I had my blue ( salbutamol) inhaler but never really used it regularly, neither did I attend asthma clinic like I was advised to by my then, Dr ... ( who when I last saw him 5 years ago gave me a good telling off for being so slack about it all!!!) 5 years ago you say??? yes that was when I qualified as a teacher and got too stressed and busy to bother ...! Then I moved again and registered at a new surgery. That was 3 years ago and apart from the initial check up never saw them again ...
Can you see a pattern? yes, I have an aversion to Docs, hospitals etc, Even had my last 2 babies at home (or tried to with the 4th) I think it was part faith (???!!!) part I am fine and can get over whatever it is ...

Anyhow ...

I had tightening in the chest .... tired easily ... coughs that would last for weeks, even months. Most of all was the cough (choking ...) in the middle of the night.  All these symptoms I IGNORED!

Well ...

Saturday evening I was coughing hard, had been for weeks, and as usual it got worse at night. a close friend was with me and asked me if I had asthma, they knew I did, and where was my pump?. I could not find one anywhere in the house OR car? My friend was NOT impressed, and said I needed to sought it out!

Thank GOD for the people in your life, some are there for a very good reason ...If we did not have that conversation I would have thought nothing of it (just a cough or chest infestion) and would not have realised I had no inhaler or gone to the doctor ...

Monday I got worse, called the surgery who gave me an appt for Tuesday first thing. I saw the Dr who did her checks, my peak flow was half what it should be ...

I left the surgery with a permanent daily brown preventer pump 2 puffs(forever without fail!) AND a blue 6 puffs per day!

Tuesday I was not very well, and my children were ... affected. It could have been a lot worse but I had the meds just in time. I had a rough day and still feel bit low now.

The gist of all this is to say, as wives, mothers, women etc. Pay attention, love,take care and look after yourselves.

I don't know who, if anyone, needs this but I am putting it out there...

No comments: